Thrombin blood collection tubes
Thrombin Blood Collection Tubes are intended for the collection of whole blood for further preparation and assaying of plasma thrombin levels. These tubes are intended for research use only.
Thrombin Blood Collections Tubes are non sterile plastic tubes that contain citrate and a reversible active site inhibitor of thrombin (DTI). The inhibitor protects thrombin from inhibition by plasma protease inhibitors in drawn blood ex vivo.
Blood samples collected using Thrombin Blood Collection Tubes are suitable for assaying plasma thrombin levels using the OLIGOBIND Thrombin assay (ADG844). It is not recommended to use Thrombin tubes for other functional or antigenic coagulation assays unless the assay protocol is specifically designed to accommodate the use of these tubes.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Sterile (winged) blood collection / infusion set with tubing (up to 30 cm) and short (up to 20 mm) cannula with an inner diameter of at least 0.8 mm (21G) but preferable 1.2 mm (18G).
Store Thrombin Blood Collection tubes at 2-8°C until use. These tubes are not sterile and should not be used for blood collection via direct venipuncture/phlebotomy. Blood should be collected using a sterile collection/infusion set with tubing (as mentioned above).
1. Collect blood into Thrombin Blood Collection Tubes:
- puncture vein by using sterile blood collection system, such as a wing canula with tubing (“butterfly”)
and appropriate Luer-Lock adapters
- note: the first blood draw (up to 3 ml) should not be used for thrombin determination, therefore use
other blood collection tube (up to 3 ml), e.g. for other analysis than thrombin determination.
- then immediately draw blood into Thrombin Blood Collection Tube(s).
- discard material in case of initially unsuccessful puncture attempt or obviously impaired blood flow
- do not puncture the same vein again but preferably chance to other limb for second attempt.
2. Drawn blood should be stored at room temperature and centrifuged (see step 3) within 4 hours.
3. Centrifuge the blood sample at 2,500 x g for 15 minutes.
4. Plasma should be stored at 2°- 8°C and assayed within 4 hours.
Alternatively, plasma may be stored at -20°C for up to 6 months.
5. Frozen plasma should be thawed rapidly at 37°C.
Follow the general guidelines for plasma preparation and handling of potentially infectious specimens.
Blood-to-additive variation can cause erroneous results if the tubes are over filled or under filled.
Thrombin Blood Collection Tubes are available in boxes of 25 tubes (ADG844T25) and 50 tubes (ADG844T50).
The tubes have a fill size of 3 ml.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
Store Thrombin Blood Collection Tubes at 2°-8°C. Tubes may be used until the recorded expiration date. Shipment of product does not require cooling during the time of transportation.
Category: Research use only
Type: Blood Collection Tubes
Product Availability: Worldwide
Manufacturer: ImmBioMed GmbH & Co KG, Germany
For more information please click .pdf icon below.
Thrombin blood collection tubes
Einheit: 50x3 ml
Hersteller: ImmBioMed GmbH & Co. KG
- Profiling of active thrombin in human blood by supramolecular complexes. Müller J, Becher T, Braunstein J, Berdel P, Gravius S, Rohrbach F, Oldenburg J, Mayer G, Pötzsch B. Angew Chem (Int Ed Engl) 2011 Jun 27;50(27):6075-6078.
- Measurement of free thrombin in human plasma using an oligonucleotide-based enzyme capture assay (OECA). Becher T, Müller J, Braunstein J, Mayer G, Pötzsch B. Haemostasiologie, 2010, 30 1: P17-02